Skip to main content

ఈనాడు తో పెళ్లిపూలజాడ

People ask me many times, when there are so many other business, why did i choose making poolajadalu....


Today when i'm about to throw all my Engineering notes, i found this paper, carefully folded in Reaction engineering book....

This is the article about poolajada which came in "Eenadu: May 6-2012"  వాలుజడకు పూలసొగసు... Being a die-hard fan of Eenadu-Sunday special magazine, i would read all articles without fail. 


I was amazed to see the new designs in Eenadu, and it was the point of debate during lunch table discussion in office.I'm basically a chemical engineer and was working as a senior consultant in Invensys Developement Centre at that time. As a general habit, i browsed through internet for more designs of poolajadalu. Then i saw innovation in poolajadalu.

My mother was making traditional poolajadalu in my childhood, but i never imagined market changed so much,.... and then i also noticed that there are no poolajada designers in Hyderabad. Without any second thought i invested 50K (seems to be a big amount for flowers, right???, but i did ), and used that for making poolajada trials.

Another reason was, my daugher nikitha was not very good in painting and arts in which i'm moderately good, so i wanted at least my second baby to be creative. I was pregnant, when i read this article and wanted my baby to be super creative... so i gave no second thought. 

Dont know where flower market is, where i get flowers, went to secunderabad at 6 am in morning, no flower vendors were there... next time tried going to different marker... Flower Vendors used to stare at me.... Why i'm i buying so many flowers.... dont know which flowers will stay fresh and what will wither faster.... They were more puzzled to see a pregnant women coming to market again and again, and used to enquire what i will do with those flowers. Pleasant smell of flowers... anybody would like, but for pregnant woman?? My morning sickness worsened,.... still i could not leave my friendship with flowers. 

My husband and mother warned me not to take stress during pregnancy period, but i could not resist doing trials.  Everyday after my husband and daugher sleeps, i used to take my poolajada kit and start making poolajada designs, with pearls, billalu, different flowers...My routine was to go to flower market every sunday, get flowers and do trials for the whole week. Made poolajadalu for my neighbours, kids and my domestic help, Bibi was very curious, what i'm doing. I took help of her daughter and my nneighbor Opened a page in FB, named randomly "Pellipoolajada" and pestered my friends to like the page, and asked them to share..... Even i did not leave my male colleagues, i would ask them to check my page and give me updates :) Spoke to different people in different countries to share technology about flower molding.... but to no use, i had to find out everything by trial and error.....Made 20 design catalog for clients in a month..... Kaushi collections, soujanya gave me first client....and then slowly orders started ..........

We were noticed by Eenadu again and article came in Vasundhara Eenadu, August-19-2012 . Thanks to Eenadu team for encouraging new talent. And Divya, who is also featured with me is owner of Disa designer jewellery, is my colleague in Invensys. 


I'm blessed with a baby boy in January, and till the last day of delivery, i made satin flowers. We named our baby Murari, and our other baby as "Murari enterprises", both God's gift. I never missed an opportunity to tell others about my business to others, and never felt ashamed that, being an engineer, i'm doing this small business. So many of my friends discouraged me saying, that i'm spoiling my bright future by entering this business, but this business gave me lots of satisfaction, and my team members gave me strength to handle to business with months baby. I could have never created employment opportunities to other women, had i continued in same job.

Thanks to Eenadu for showing me a path, and also encouraging young entrepreneurs. And again Eenadu gave a helping hand by promoting us in Women's Expo-2013, our poolajada was highlighted on hoardings.






and highlight is, my maid servant saw my business for 2 years, and now she is proud owner of our "Kurnool branch".... 

The article which came in Eenadu sunday special has shown direct employment for more than 100 women. Finally i say

 " Thanks Eenadu" 

Popular posts from this blog

Latest Pelli Poola jada Designs with Pricing

Occasion: Wedding/ Seemantham/ Pellikooturu/ Langavoni function To order: Phone numbers given  here:   http://pellipulajada.blogspot.in/p/pellipoolajada.html Note: Order Atleast 2 weeks in advance Price does not include delivery charge Price may vary depending on location and availability of flowers in that season (Around 30% maximum). Interior and district branches , prices will vary upto 60-80 percent during Pandemic For Wedding and Event Decorations, contact DecorbyKrishna Latest Designs:  How much does every girl love a poola jada? Well the answer is unanimously beyond words. Bring back all your summer holiday memories with freshly made poola jada at your Grandmom's place. The poola jada or poojadai came a very long way across generations, but the tradition of wearing it for a south Indian wedding hasn't changed a bit. Ever since we started making poola jada our only motto was to keep the traditions intact and yet provide more options to the brides to go

Venis- Hair flowers designs with Pricing

Venis- Hair flowers designs with Pricing To order: Phone numbers given  here:   http://pellipulajada.blogspot.in/p/pellipoolajada.html Note: Order Atleast 2 weeks in advance Price does not include delivery charge Price may vary depending on location (mainly districts) (Around 30% maximum)  There are very few things in fashion, which come , steal our heart and stay there forever. One such accessory is the floral veni. It started as a detachable part of pelli poola jada, which reduced the traditional poola jada's heavy weight by ton just a few years ago and now the veni itself has earned a prominent  love for itself from all the brides. Veni's are something which can literally be ordered in any color design and shape from our pelli poola jada branches across the country and here are out most loved favorites  this wedding season. This design is exclusively  designed for sangeet or mehendi ceremonies  to match with the bride's contemporary outfits. W

Latest Flower Jewellery Designs with Pricing : Pellipoolajada | Anoo Flower Jewellery

Latest Flower Jewellery Designs with Pricing Occasion: Wedding/ Seemantham/ Pellikooturu/ Langavoni function To order: Phone numbers given  here:   http://pellipulajada.blogspot.in/p/pellipoolajada.html Note: Order Atleast 2 weeks in advance Price does not include delivery charge Price may vary depending on location and availability of flowers in that season (Around 30% maximum) No Nalugu or Mehendi ceremony these days is complete without floral/ fresh flower  jewelry . Ever since Actress Aishwarya Rai wore it for her Sangeet ceremony, it has become an essential at every Indian wedding. While poola jada was the only floral accessory South Indian women use to wear during the weddings, fresh flower jewelry  instantly became a beautiful amalgamation of North and south cultures and had now become an integral part in no time. South Indian brides are usually seen wearing jasmine and rose flower jewelry for Nalugu and Pellikuthuru ceremonies. If you are one